Monday, January 25, 2010

other beauties

These are not Gutnayer houses, but I would love to know who designed them. These two are on the same street, just a few houses away from each other. I drove by them in my search for a house on Kostner in Skokie...never found it.  Golf courses are good places to go modern house hunting...these two are some of the best I've seen.

I saw this one first. It seemed empty at first from a distance, but no,
all the furniture sits under the window line in a sunken living room.



Here's another heavy interesting eave.
Lovely proportions on this house, and pretty stone.
There is an abstract metal sculpture mounted next to the front door.

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful houses Anne. Thanks for posting. And yes, for modern house hunting, golf courses are really good places. Good-luck on the renovation.

    ReplyDelete