Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gutnayer's drawings

 
Perspective view of residence, by J. Marion Gutnayer

For the appraisal I photographed typical examples of all the documents that are being donated. I love J. Marion's drawings of his houses, which are usually ink and color pencil on trace, and are found rolled into the tube with the other 6 sheets of plans and elevations. 


 
early 1950's residence in Florida, JM Gutnayer

The trace drawings are more typically elevations like this one with shadows and color pencil and ink additions.
 
Elevation, graphite, JM Gutnayer
Gutnayer designed a new theater for the Second City Theatre company here in Chicago. As far as I can tell this was not built, at least not with this exterior? What is there is much more traditional.


 
Perspective sketch, Gutnayer studio
I am not sure who drew this drawing or what project it is for, but I love it. Gutnayer designed some dorms for a college in Ohio, and I think this might have been from that project. Check out that diver!

No comments:

Post a Comment