Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Big Prize

So we picked the house first, not as much the neighborhood. It is on a busy street with a very public face, but it is also just a few minutes walk to the beach. We spent many days in September going to the beach after school and walking Sadie there before school. The beaches on the great Northern Sea remind me of California, minus the salt. On a warm still day, the Mediterranean. On a windy day with surf, CA. As a biased coastal girl, I had no idea the beach would be this, well, true beach.  My friends in HI and CA will scoff, but really, it is lovely. And on a still morning in September, when you think you could wade in with your clothes on, take a swim, and then walk home, it is pretty wonderful. I have big plans for our first summer here. I hope you are coming to visit.

The weather is cooling off rapidly: Im stocking up on smartwool for everyone and unpacking the winter coats. I am posting these so I can scroll back and visit them when it is freezing here in February.

walking to the beach from the road


Seriously? THIS is the beach near our house?
I couldn't believe it.


Looking south toward Wilmette's main beach
and the sailing beach, where Ella's friend Gretchen
hangs out all summer. We had fun swimming with her in the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment