Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A backside only a mother could love

I am hoping the architects come up with something wonderful for this rear facade. There is talk of connecting down to the garden from the back somehow.  The intersection of the brick volume and the main house volume is so odd. But the screen porch above my studio (the two parts of the brick piece) feels wonderful inside, and I look forward to candlelit dinners in there in the summer.


My studio is starting to feel like a studio, and is getting a lot more light! A cork floor and some white walls and I am good to go. While I think I am doing ok without painting, I am really not. I wander into the solvents aisle at the art store and think about stocking up, and Im hoarding jars at home. I think I will be moving in as soon as is possible.

1 comment:

  1. amazing area for a studio. this renovation is so interesting. such a wonderful find! I have followed many renovations and this one seems to be loaded with history. all the best to your project!

    ReplyDelete